Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30,

Today is the last day of June for those of you who didn't know ;) That means I have been out for over a month now!! Crazy!! :) This last week was pretty relaxing; I walked to town a few times (4km), worked in the orphanage, met five new volunteers (we have a full house!), and started to learn Twi! That last one is relatively very new, a volunteer and myself decided to pass the time yesterday teaching it to ourselves! We know only a few words... Saturday was the most fun day of the week and the saddest... we said goodbye to two volunteers who had been with me this whole time but later in the day I went proselyting with the missionaries and that made me happy! Man, I seriously am like on a mini mission over here, the missionaries love to bring me with them because everyone likes talking to them when they also have a white girl! Ha...So the five new volunteers came and we had a big meeting/social welcome party for them and while I was eating dinner, (this was last night), I realized I was in a room with all white people and seriously got awkward and had to leave! I went and hung out with the Ghanaians and they were all laughing at me! It was kind of embarrassing...There was also the last world cup match for Ghana this week, it was crazy the guys got super into it, I have a video that will hopefully post! :) I don't have a lot of time to write! Lots of love :)

Love Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment