Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 1,

Well it's now late evening of the 1st day in Tamale. Was it what I expected? Yes and no... some things are better than I expected and others worse. Short run down? Wow! So we got off our plane in Tamale and drove through town and some village communities. We had the choice to stay at a host family or go to Freds (the coordinators) most of the volunteers live with Fred so I thought it would be good not to be alone so I chose Freds. I'm rooming with a german and girl from Colorado. It is such a cool house, the rooms all open up to the center where a ginormous mango tree ism just imagine a square of rooms all opening up to a tree..its kind of great :) His house is nicknamed the community because so many people come to just talk with us. It is so hot I don't even know how I'm going to survive!! Ahh well it's been a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment